I want to do this. The ski season may be over here in Utah, but this makes me wish I had gone more than twice this season. At least I get to do the skydiving part this summer!
I came across this remix of The Naked and Famous – “Young Blood” the other day on the radio.
It’s a great remix that is almost better than the original. It’s off of the Underworld Awakening soundtrack. The movie was pretty horrible. Even Kate Beckinsale shooting guns in 3D couldn’t save it. At least this song came out of it.
Anyone want to go to China? Because I want to climb this route so bad!
It’s time to start writing on the old blog again, and what better way than an easy random thoughts post?
– It’s springtime outside right now! Sure I skied on some great snow at the beginning of this week, but now it’s like 60 degrees. Bring on the warm weather.
– Speaking of warm weather, climbing – outside – tomorrow. The second time this season and hopefully better than the first.
– I don’t think I’ve ever mentioned that I rock climb on this blog before. In case you were wondering, it’s what I’m thinking about 27% of the time.
– The Hunger Games this weekend. I can’t wait. Oh and Peta is a little sissy girl. Donald Sutherland as President Snow should be great. Haymitch is awesome too.
– I’m still thinking about the Walking Dead season 2 finale from Sunday. Zombies make for great TV.
– I definitely do get inspired reading this blog.
– As gross as Stella is, it’s getting me through my Friday afternoon right now.
– Thanks Sis for sharing this. It made me laugh pretty hard.
– I’m really trying to finish up the portfolio site. Hopefully soon.
I took this pic of Canada’s Parliament when I was in Ottawa last month.
It’s 1am and I’m editing pictures. Why is it that I always get the motivation to work on photos when I should be sleeping? Anyway, a while back I saw a spot off of the road that I thought might be good for some photos. Train tracks, factories, mountains, the sunset, all that cool stuff. On Saturday, as I saw the sun setting, I thought it was as good a time as any to go shoot some stuff. This particular place is not exactly in the nicest part of town, so I talked Matt into coming with me to make sure no one beat me up and stole my camera. Little did he know that I was going to make him pose for some shots too. Here’s what I have so far. I’m bored with looking at the rest of them now, so I’ll have to come back later to see if there are any more good ones.
Oh my it’s been almost two whole months since I last posted and I’m still trying to get pictures together for the new website. The problem is, the more I look at things, the harder it is to like anything. Everything starts looking like blah. Then after an hour of searching through lots of boring pictures I come across one that I actually still think looks pretty, like the one above. And it gives me the smallest amount of hope that maybe, just maybe this will actually all come together.
I am working on my new portfolio website. It’s about 38% finished now which means I have hosting, wordpress up and running, and a general idea of how it’s going to look. I need to start digging through my thousands of photos now to see which ones are good enough to put in the portfolio. The new site is going to have a blog as well for me to share photo updates. I’m not sure what this means for twentyfivetolife. Lately it has basically just turned into a blog for photography. There isn’t a lot of other stuff going on. So maybe this will live on, just for me to ramble when I feel like it, or something like that. I’m going to move the site over to my own hosting so I can do a lot more customization too. Photo’s will go on the portfolio blog and everything else will be on here. I’m going to try to have it up and running in some form this week.